Monday, August 18, 2014

Author Spotlight Nikki Abramson

            
 



 Nikki Abramson is passionate about encouraging people to find hope and achieve success in their life journey. She is a Korean American adoptee who battles several rare and severe medical conditions and is overcoming many obstacles. Nikki resides in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with her parents, younger brother, and two cats. Nikki is a proud alumnus of International School of Minnesota (Eden Prairie, MN) and Bethel University (St. Paul, MN). She holds a B.A. and teaching license in elementary education, early childhood, and computers, keyboarding, and technology. Ms. Abramson is a performer and teaching artist, teaching others acting, improv, and choreography. She also has a company, Renew Hope, LLC, that offers motivational speaking and life coaching. Her desire in life is to change the world by inspiring others through her story, changing one person at a time.
For more information, you may contact her via her websites at www.nikkiabramson.com or www.renewingyourhope.com. 

NR.  What is your favorite Bible verse?

Nikki:  Romans 15:13: May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit.
 
NR.  Tell us about your newest book.

Nikki:  My book “I Choose Hope-Overcoming challenges with faith and positivity” came out in March 2014. It is a memoir, autobiographical, inspirational, self-improvement book that depicts the struggles and obstacles I have faced and how I have stayed positive and hopeful through them ultimately seeing God through all circumstances. It talks about turning bad things into good things. 
 
NR.  I love writing and reading how God turns bad to good.  Do you use an outline or just write?
Nikki:  Depends on what I am writing about, however, usually I outline. I write down key points that I want to get across and organize it by chapter. The outline is very basic, something for me to keep organized and then I write.
 
NR.  What is your writing ritual?

Nikki: My writing ritual is to outline my topics, visualize my readers reading the book and being inspired, head to the nearest coffee shop and grab some coffee or tea
 
NR.  Is there anything you want to say to your readers?

Nikki:  I want them to know that every day is a gift and a blessing. Be grateful for what you do have and what you can give. Always stay hopeful despite the challenges you face. Know that God is there and there is always hope.
 
NR.  It is an awesome feeling to know God is in Control.  Where can readers find your books and more about you at?

You can find out more about me at my website www.nikkiabramson.com or www.renewingyourhope.com. My book is sold through Rivershore books at www.rivershorebooks.com, amazon.com, nook.com, and smashwords.com. It a paperback color, paperback black and white, and e-book. 
 
NR.  What type of Christian music do you listen to and who is your favorite artist?

Nikki:  I listen to all types of Christian music, mostly what you will find on the radio as well as worship songs. I love mostly the worship songs and the more slower ones. My favorite artists would be a tie between Hillsong, David Crowder Band, and Chris Tomlin. I am a huge fan of Laura Story as well.
 
NR.  What is your favorite book to read?

Nikki:  I love Mark Batterson. He is a Christian pastor who has written many books on the Christian faith and life. My favorite book of his would probably be Soul Print or Wild Goose Chase.
 
NR.  What are you working on next?

Nikki:  I am working on two projects. The first is an inspirational gift book called “Hope for Today.” I am hopeful to get it out within the next year. It will be a small book (30 pages) that is inspirational and provides hope through hopeful messages. The other project I am working on is taking my story and book and turning it into a one woman show. I am also an actor/performer and want to create it visually for an audience. I am co-writing with my director and hopeful to have it completed for the MN fringe festival show in August 2015. The working title is “Walking in the face of adversity.”
 
NR.  You are Going to be very busy.   How do you come up with ideals for your books?
Nikki:  God. Literally, everything I write is a divine intervention from Him. I come up with them from the experiences that I face as well as through experiences that I have seen in terms of discrimination and how I would like to help teach and educate others.











No comments:

Post a Comment