Thursday, August 7, 2014

How to Engourage one another

I think as a society in general we have forgetting what it truly means to encourage one another. I feel this is partly due to the fact that people don't even put God first.. People are too busy with their on lives to take a second to stop and help someone else. 
I know for a fact I was not raised in that manner.  I really don't understand how my generation has become so self-absorbed. 
Well maybe I do. If you look at your church congregation today how many 20-40 years do you see? 
When I was growing up your entire family went to church.  We loved to attend singing conventions at our home church and other churches in the community.  When a rival was going on the deacons had to bring folding chairs and place along the aisle of the church and then we still had some people standing.
Today everyone is to busy to attend singing conventions or rivals.  Oh we have our reasons. We are too sick, the kids have too much homework, we have ballgames to attend, and after work I am just too tired.
How would we feel if come judgment day God is to busy for us. I am definitely including myself in this post because I have been slacking and have used my sickness as the excuse.
Today I am saying a prayer to God to forgive me for my shortcomings and help me to encourage those around us and to serve Him better.


I also want to share some plans I have made for the blog.  In the coming weeks I will be posting interviews of some Christian Fiction authors I have meet in some of the groups I have joined lately. I look forward to posting these interviews and supporting and encouraging my new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment