Saturday, August 2, 2014

How to help your favorite authors


Hello to everyone hope you have a blessed day,

I Just want to take a few minutes to discuss how you can support me and other Christian authors on our journey of spreading Gods word through our writing.  I thought I understood the relationship between the author and their readers.  Once I published my book I found out I was wrong. As a reader I never fully understood how much an author appreciated me and my comments. But now that I am an author I realize just how much it means when readers take a little extra time to offer their public support.  Below is how we as readers can show the Christian authors we love how much we care and support them.

First pray for them and their work.  I could never make it through life without the guidance of God.  I believe he gave me this talent to show his word through books and I need the prayer and support of my Christian family to aide me on my way.

 

Write a book review and post it on whichever site you purchased the book from.   When you purchase the book you have the right to show your opion.  Think about how we often determine what we are about to buy on the internet.  Often we read to see what others think of the product.  Books are no different.  Good reviews can make a world of difference.


Copy and paste your review onto other online bookstores.  There’s nothing wrong with you doing a copy and paste of your review and using it on other sites, amazon, ibook, Barnes&Noble.com, or smashwords.  Also promote the books you like on your facebook page, twitter account, Instagram, google + or any other social media site you use.  If you are in a readers group share the book there as well.


Please 'like' my Amazon author page. The 'like' button is on the right, above the 'stay up to date.


I will be blogging on a regular basis and in the very near future will start having interviews of some fellow Christian authors.


Feature Christian authors on your blog, podcast, or newsletter. If you have a blog, podcast, newsletter, YouTube channel, or other content stream, make a point of interviewing me or your other author friends for it.

Visit my website for sample chapters, places to find me on the web, and join in a discussion group about the book you are reading. 
http://nicolerickman.weebly.com/
Visit me on my author face book page. 
https://www.facebook.com/nicoledrickman?ref=hl
PRAY DAILY FOR ME AND I WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU.  


No comments:

Post a Comment